The Bed Equation

My wife and I have a problem in the bedroom many will relate to. She wants to have big puffy duvets that she can sleep under while the aircon cranks and the temperature sits at a chilly 8ยบ below whatever it is outside. The room is sealed up air tight and I feel like a side of meat in a rather nice restaurant. Maybe a 3 star with a chef whose career is now waning into the twilight of a spectacular run, but can still cook a mean fillet.

Mt preferences for sleeping conditions run in a different direction. I prefer leaving room temperature, maybe having a fan on low to create some movement, a light duvet and an open window.

I invariably lose this difference in opinion. At some point in some evening, possibly spurred on by the dementia suffered in the advanced stages of hypothermia, I tried to solve this problem mathematically.

I was never ever going to succeed, but if you want to have a bash, please build on my foundations. I give you, the bed equation:


Kelly = K
Air Conditioner = AC
Blanket = B
Dorin = D
Fan = F
Solve for Warm (W)

D + 1F = W

------- = W
0.5(B) + 21(AC) 

Solve where D + K = W

No comments:

Post a Comment