No warning from the future

Possible Reasons why I haven't yet had a future version of myself stop me from doing something stupid:


  • Future me knows it will all work out in the end so he doesn't bother.
  • The paradox of interfering with his own past prevents him from coming back in the first place, making it impossible (the interference, not the time travel).
  • Time travel is not publicly available before he dies.
  • He has a limited number of trips back and this particular mistake doesn't warrant one of them.
  • He's actually already here, influencing events without my knowing.
  • That's just not how it works.
These are the sort of things I wonder as I traverse a strange neighbourhood at sunrise. That, and how much I wish the last bottle of champagne I bought was actually a R250 cheeseburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment